Historic profit record from Ülker
Ülker closed 2017 with a turnover of TL 4.8 billion and a net period turnover of TL 431 million.
Türkiye’s largest food company, Ülker, increased its sales by 14.7%, reaching TL 4.8 billion in 2017.
It broke record growth and declared its highest-ever net profit and EBITDA
In a statement sent to the Public Disclosure Platform (KAP), Ülker announced that it had boosted its sales by 14.7% to TL 4.8 billion this year (2017) – thus boosting its net profit by 51.6% or TL 431 million. That is highest turnover and net profit in the company’s history.
As of the end of 2017, it had achieved a new record with a margin of 14.6%, increasing its EBITDA by 22% from TL 575.3 million to TL 701.4 million.
Ülker’s CEO Mehmet Tütüncü said: “2017 marked us reaching our pinnacle over the past five years of growth. This includes both our domestic and in our overseas operations.” He added:
- “In 2017, we acquired the Hamle Factory is Kazakhstan as well as UI Mena B.V., the latter of which has enabled us to manufacture and distribute United Biscuits products to Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Middle East and North Africa. This falls in line with our goal grow in the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia. Thus, we’ve taken huge steps towards strengthening our position in there, consolidating our operations, increasing our market share, and transforming Ülker into a local production base in the region.
- We began manufacturing Godiva’s – one of the world’s biggest luxury chocolate makers – new grocery line in Türkiye and shipped to more than 8,000 retail points across the Middle East. Since 2017, we’ve also been exporting Godiva from Türkiye to the world, mainly the UK and Europe.
- We manufacture on behalf of pladis and Godiva at our Ülker A.Ş. factories in Türkiye, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Kazakhstan and export both across Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia, as well as to other parts of the world. We’re capitalizing on the potential lurking in these regions and transform that into synergy between all of our global, regional and local brands. Moreover, we want to be the number one in these regions.
- We’ve made ourselves more competitive and boosted sales thanks to production techniques that we ourselves have developed at our hi-tech innovation centers within Ülker A.Ş. Türkiye. All of this means that our export potential is worth half a billion dollars. It also means global distribution, more profit, and more innovation for great nation
- We’ve strategically collaborated with many a retail channel across Türkiye. That, in turn, has enabled us add value with our products to our customers and distributors.
I’m confident that Ülker Biscuit will steadily grow even more (and with double-digit figures!) throughout 2018. Ülker A.Ş. will also maintain its positions both as market leader and as an important player in much of the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia thanks to its line of global, regional, and local brands and factories, and thanks to how it does business!”
Ülker Supports “Atalık Kavılca” Wheat with Limited Edition Product
Ülker, a leading food company in Türkiye known for its commitment to sustainable raw material sourcing, has introduced a limited edition product called "Saklıköy Kavılca Buğday," made with Atalık Kavılca Wheat, one of Anatolia's oldest agricultural products with a history dating back 13,000 years....CLICK FOR MORE
Ülker invest in supplementary food products
A new brand from Ülker: Everwell Ülker, which stepped into the food supplement industry for the first time with "Pastil", further strengthens its claim in this category with the "Everwell" brand. Food supplement products developed by Ülker in cooperation with TÜBİTAK and released under the Everwell brand will be sold with a widespread distribution strategy....CLICK FOR MORE
Ülker's 2022 Sustainability Report has been published
Ülker, operating with a waste-free company model since established, has published its 2022 Sustainability Report. Ülker meets approximately 43% of its electricity consumption from renewable sources, and has initiated a carbon management program that encompasses the entire value chain, from sustainable raw material sourcing to packaging management, logistics, and waste recycling. The company continues its efforts to control greenhouse gas emissions in all areas with the goal of becoming a "net zero company by 2050. ...CLICK FOR MORE
Ülker announced its first half-year financials
Ülker Bisküvi closed the first half of 2023 with a sales revenue of 19.6 billion TL. The share of Turkiye operations in the sales revenue was 66%; while, the share of export and international operations in the sales was 34% ...CLICK FOR MORE