Historic profit record from Ülker
Ülker closed 2017 with a turnover of TL 4.8 billion and a net period turnover of TL 431 million.
Turkey’s largest food company, Ülker, increased its sales by 14.7%, reaching TL 4.8 billion in 2017.
It broke record growth and declared its highest-ever net profit and EBITDA
In a statement sent to the Public Disclosure Platform (KAP), Ülker announced that it had boosted its sales by 14.7% to TL 4.8 billion this year (2017) – thus boosting its net profit by 51.6% or TL 431 million. That is highest turnover and net profit in the company’s history.
As of the end of 2017, it had achieved a new record with a margin of 14.6%, increasing its EBITDA by 22% from TL 575.3 million to TL 701.4 million.
Ülker’s CEO Mehmet Tütüncü said: “2017 marked us reaching our pinnacle over the past five years of growth. This includes both our domestic and in our overseas operations.” He added:
- “In 2017, we acquired the Hamle Factory is Kazakhstan as well as UI Mena B.V., the latter of which has enabled us to manufacture and distribute United Biscuits products to Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Middle East and North Africa. This falls in line with our goal grow in the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia. Thus, we’ve taken huge steps towards strengthening our position in there, consolidating our operations, increasing our market share, and transforming Ülker into a local production base in the region.
- We began manufacturing Godiva’s – one of the world’s biggest luxury chocolate makers – new grocery line in Turkey and shipped to more than 8,000 retail points across the Middle East. Since 2017, we’ve also been exporting Godiva from Turkey to the world, mainly the UK and Europe.
- We manufacture on behalf of pladis and Godiva at our Ülker A.Ş. factories in Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Kazakhstan and export both across Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia, as well as to other parts of the world. We’re capitalizing on the potential lurking in these regions and transform that into synergy between all of our global, regional and local brands. Moreover, we want to be the number one in these regions.
- We’ve made ourselves more competitive and boosted sales thanks to production techniques that we ourselves have developed at our hi-tech innovation centers within Ülker A.Ş. Turkey. All of this means that our export potential is worth half a billion dollars. It also means global distribution, more profit, and more innovation for great nation
- We’ve strategically collaborated with many a retail channel across Turkey. That, in turn, has enabled us add value with our products to our customers and distributors.
I’m confident that Ülker Biscuit will steadily grow even more (and with double-digit figures!) throughout 2018. Ülker A.Ş. will also maintain its positions both as market leader and as an important player in much of the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia thanks to its line of global, regional, and local brands and factories, and thanks to how it does business!”
Ülker announced its first quarter 2022 financial results
Ülker Bisküvi increased its sales revenue to 5.9 billion TL in the first quarter of 2022. The share of Turkey operations in the sales was 60 percent where as the share of export and international operations in the sales revenue was 40 percent...CLICK FOR MORE
Yıldız Holding made Türkiye a production and export base with Ülker Biscuits
Yıldız Holding produces Ülker Biscuits and Ülker branded products as well as global snack brands such as Godiva, McVitie's and Flipz in Türkiye and brings them to consumers around the world. In 2021, the export figure of Ülker Biscuits in the snack area reached 291 million dollars....CLICK FOR MORE
Ülker announced its 2021 financial results
Ülker Bisküvi, Turkey's leading food company, announced its financial results for 2021. Despite all the uncertainties experienced globally during the pandemic, Ülker, strengthed its position in its markets and also continue to growth in domestic and international operations....CLICK FOR MORE
A SENIOR APPOINTMENT AT ÜLKER...
A significant change of position has been made in Turkey’s leading food company Ülker. Mustafa Kabakçı, who worked as Marketing Manager of Ülker Bisküvi Business Unit for the last two years, has been appointed as CMO of Ülker. Kabakçı will be responsible for creating and implementing marketing strategies for Godiva’s market series and McVitie’s brands as well as for Ülker brands....CLICK FOR MORE