Ülker breaks a record in the first quarter of 2018
Ülker Brakes A Record in the First Quarter of 2018
Ülker Biscuit has announced the first quarter results of 2018. They have broken a new record by earning an EBITDA rate of 15.2%. Their snack turnover grew by more than 14% compared to last year.
Ülker Biscuit finished off last year with a historic record turnover and profit. This year, they announced in a statement to the Public Disclosure Platform (KAP) their turnover from snack business had climbed by 14.1% to TL 1.4 billion in the first quarter alone compared to last year.
Ülker Biscuit’s (Türkiye’s largest publicly traded food company) EBITDA was worth TL 213 million in the first quarter this year, with an increase from 2017. Its declared net profit was worth TL 122 million.
Ülker exceeds its targeted operational profit
Ülker’s CEO Mehmet Tütüncü noted that Ülker Biscuit’s EBITDA rate exceeded its target in the first quarter. He made the following assessment about his company’s performance:
- “Many things have contributed to our high EBITDA rate. We’ve invested in cost-effective solutions and product synergies in both at home and abroad. We also have maintained strong performance year after year. Hence: 15.2%. We’ve exceeded our 15% for the first time ever.
- Ülker Biscuit has grown in the first quarter this year, both operationally and financially. We’re still getting good results because we prioritize whatever will give us a competitive edge, reasonable price targets, innovation, and sustainable brand investment.
- Competence and effective strategies wherever we operate are our strength.
- Investments both here in Türkiye and abroad enable us to improve our profit and brand strength because they create synergy and enhance efficiency.
- Ülker Biscuit’s high quality HR and effective leadership will only further improve financial capacity and make it more competitive.”
Ülker Supports “Atalık Kavılca” Wheat with Limited Edition Product
Ülker, a leading food company in Türkiye known for its commitment to sustainable raw material sourcing, has introduced a limited edition product called "Saklıköy Kavılca Buğday," made with Atalık Kavılca Wheat, one of Anatolia's oldest agricultural products with a history dating back 13,000 years....CLICK FOR MORE
Ülker invest in supplementary food products
A new brand from Ülker: Everwell Ülker, which stepped into the food supplement industry for the first time with "Pastil", further strengthens its claim in this category with the "Everwell" brand. Food supplement products developed by Ülker in cooperation with TÜBİTAK and released under the Everwell brand will be sold with a widespread distribution strategy....CLICK FOR MORE
Ülker's 2022 Sustainability Report has been published
Ülker, operating with a waste-free company model since established, has published its 2022 Sustainability Report. Ülker meets approximately 43% of its electricity consumption from renewable sources, and has initiated a carbon management program that encompasses the entire value chain, from sustainable raw material sourcing to packaging management, logistics, and waste recycling. The company continues its efforts to control greenhouse gas emissions in all areas with the goal of becoming a "net zero company by 2050. ...CLICK FOR MORE
Ülker announced its first half-year financials
Ülker Bisküvi closed the first half of 2023 with a sales revenue of 19.6 billion TL. The share of Turkiye operations in the sales revenue was 66%; while, the share of export and international operations in the sales was 34% ...CLICK FOR MORE