Ülker Completed 2018 with a turnover of TL 5.96 billion and a net profit of TL 701 million
Ülker Biscuit, Turkey's largest publicly traded food company, closed 2018 with a turnover of TL 5.96 billion. Its Turkish operations grew by 17%...
Ülker Biscuit, Turkey's largest publicly traded food company, closed 2018 with a turnover of TL 5.96 billion. The company's Turkish operations grew by 17%, with export and international snack operations growing by 41.5%.
In a statement sent to the Public Disclosure Platform (KAP), Ülker Biscuit announced that it had increased its sales by 23.4% in 2018, reaching TL 5.96 billion, and increased the net profit of its parent company by 76.4% to TL 905 million. By the end of 2018, the company had increased its EBITDA (Earnings Before Interests, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization) by 28% to reach TL 939 million.
In a statement, Ülker’s CEO Mehmet Tütüncü said that Ülker Biscuit had continued its growth in 2018 with the support of its increased export and international operations. He also added that effectively implementing their organizational decisions, strengthening their market power with new product launches, structuring their organization to focus on added value, and the efficient use of available resources all had effects on the successful 2018 results.
Tütüncü reported the following information:
- Our total snack turnover grew by 25% in 2018.
- Turkish operations grew by 17%, with export and international snack operations growing by 41.5%.
- Our total operational profitability (Earnings Before Interests, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization - EBITDA) grew by 28% in 2018, bringing our annual EBITDA margin to a record level of 15.8%.
- Export has been one of the major catalysts of our growth. The share of export and international operations in our total sales reached 38%.
- We started 2018 by strengthening our portfolio with innovations such as Ülker Flipz, Biskrem Extra, Fırından Mosaic Cake, O'lala Waffle Cake, Piko 5, and Godiva Masterpiece and continued without slowing down.
- Our plants in Turkey have become the production base of Godiva tablet chocolates.
- In line with our goal of becoming a regional leader, we created significant synergies with biscuit and chocolate investments in Saudi Arabia and Egypt purchased by Yıldız Holding in 2016. In 2017, we purchased the Kazakhstan factory and acquired the McVitie’s distribution-production rights for Saudi Arabia, the Middle East, and North African. Finally, in 2018, the acquisition of United Biscuits' IBC Saudi Arabia biscuit factory helped us continue to grow our export and international operations profitably."
Tütüncü went on to say that in 2019, Ülker Biscuit will continue to work with a waste-free production model to effectively and sustainably fight against inflation, to increase its efficiency and its domestic and brand investments, and to complete projects that create cost advantages.
Ülker announced its first quarter 2022 financial results
Ülker Bisküvi increased its sales revenue to 5.9 billion TL in the first quarter of 2022. The share of Turkey operations in the sales was 60 percent where as the share of export and international operations in the sales revenue was 40 percent...CLICK FOR MORE
Yıldız Holding made Türkiye a production and export base with Ülker Biscuits
Yıldız Holding produces Ülker Biscuits and Ülker branded products as well as global snack brands such as Godiva, McVitie's and Flipz in Türkiye and brings them to consumers around the world. In 2021, the export figure of Ülker Biscuits in the snack area reached 291 million dollars....CLICK FOR MORE
Ülker announced its 2021 financial results
Ülker Bisküvi, Turkey's leading food company, announced its financial results for 2021. Despite all the uncertainties experienced globally during the pandemic, Ülker, strengthed its position in its markets and also continue to growth in domestic and international operations....CLICK FOR MORE
A SENIOR APPOINTMENT AT ÜLKER...
A significant change of position has been made in Turkey’s leading food company Ülker. Mustafa Kabakçı, who worked as Marketing Manager of Ülker Bisküvi Business Unit for the last two years, has been appointed as CMO of Ülker. Kabakçı will be responsible for creating and implementing marketing strategies for Godiva’s market series and McVitie’s brands as well as for Ülker brands....CLICK FOR MORE